Screenplay Submission Guidelines
Submissions for the 2014 Competition have closed.
$1000 Grand Prize for the winning screenplay!!!
No writer or contact information should appear on the screenplay itself. Screenplays must be feature length—no less than 90 pages and no more than 130 pages. (No exceptions can be made). All applicants must submit a copy of the screenplay in English with 12-point Courier font and pages appropriately numbered. Only online submissions are accepted. Once submitted, we are unable to acknowledge any revisions made to your piece.
- The Title page should include title and log-line/synopsis ONLY, no name or contact information.
- Name or identification must not appear anywhere else on the script.
- All judging is anonymous.
- Promotional materials, illustrations, or shooting screenplays will not be accepted.
- Submissions can not be produced or optioned. Screenplays currently optioned, or that have pending negotiations and/or are sold before Big Bear Lake International Film Festival ends, are not eligible for competition.
- All entries must be accompanied by:
- A completed and signed entry form,
- An appropriate entry fee (as defined on the entry form)
- A signed release form. Entries that omit an E-mail address will not receive the written reader evaluations for their script.
- You may enter more than one screenplay, however each submission requires a separate entry form, release form and entry fee.
- Screenplays must be copyrighted with the Library of Congress or registered with the Writers Guild of America (WGA). It is the responsibility of the screenwriter to insure that their work is protected.
- All payments must be in U.S. Dollars. Checks returned by the bank unpaid will disqualify the submission.
- Finalists and winners will be determined by professionals in the film Industry.
- One Grand Prize of $1000 will be awarded to the winner of this year's competition! The winner, 2nd place, and 3rd place screenwriters will receive a trophy and other prizes provided by our sponsors. The 4th and 5th place screenwriters (Honorable Mentions) will receive certificates and assorted prizes provided by our sponsors. All Finalists will receive their awards at the Awards Ceremony on September 21, 2014.
Finalists will be posted on our website by September 1, 2014. Winners will be posted by September 21, 2014.
The Selected Finalists will receive the following:
- One Filmmaker Badge, granting access to all films, panels and seminars
- One ticket to the Opening Night Gala
- One ticket to the Centerpiece Film & Reception
- One ticket to the Wrap Party & Filmmakers Award Ceremony
- One invitation to attend the Filmmaker Breakfast
- One Festival Sponsor Bags
- Access to Industry Networking events
- Admittance to the Filmmaker Lounge
Finalists planning to attend the 2014 festival are responsible for their travel, lodging, and all other expenses. You will have the opportunity to purchase discounted passes and tickets in advance for additional filmmakers, crew, and actors attending the festival with your film. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Participation in the Big Bear Lake International Film Festival implies understanding and acceptance of all terms stated in this application.